Creating an Outdoor Oasis on a budget

Our jacuzzi has been a pain in the hiney more than a good thing.

patio furniture at YouAreTalkingTooMuch.com

So, I am selling it, broken.
I’m not broken, the jacuzzi is.

I am telling the people on CL that it is broken, exactly what is wrong with it and how much it will be to repair. I am even giving them our repairman’s number. I’m sure I’m his favorite client now.

And…….when we remove the jacuzzi……….

patio furniture 10

We are going to create another sitting area in its place. I have used the monies from my jacuzzi sale for the new sitting area.

I found the perfect patio set and in the “REAL” world….it would be out of my budget.

patio furniture 8

But it the CL world…..it worked out perfectly!

I have one problem though.

I now love it here on my deck.

L.O.V.E.!!!!

patio furniture 6

It is so warm….inviting……an oasis.

And all on a budget.

Cheaper than what I am getting for my broken jacuzzi.

Which I sold by the way. They can’t pick up for a week but already have paid half.

But this patio set may not be moving to the soon to be empty jacuzzi space.

patio furniture 11

Which would mean, now, I have to find ANOTHER good deal.

patio furniture 3

Think I am up to the challenge?

Just so you can enjoy my good deal…..I found out that this set is Eucalyptus wood.

patio furniture 2

Whoop! Whoop!

Little did I know…..

Isn’t that cool?

An oasis….here on my back deck…..with a real life teensy tiny budget.

Don’t think your Craigslist has anything like this?

You know better!

I have showed you time and time again!

Ready to create your oasis?

Like mine?

I can’t wait to hear……

Comments

1. Gwen says:

We are moving soon and I can’t wait to check out Craigslist in our new region! Love your set!

2. Looks great! I’d love that for our yard, too. I can just see us sitting there, enjoying a margarita…:) Great finds!

3. Beth says:

my craigs list needs a lesson from your craigs list

• Rebecca says:

Ha! I accept that challenge. Where are you located? I will post on Facebook some fun deals for your areas as I find them. XOXO! ~warning~ I usally win at this game of showing my readers that they have awesome Craigslist too! ; ) XOXO!

4. I am an outside girl more then i am inside. I have never used craiglist but will next time I want a broken jacuzzi. see you soon!

5. Mary Ann says:

Okay, I LOVE that set. We just had a huge patio poured, and I am looking for a set right now. I’m going to go open Craigs right now!

• Rebecca says:

~HINT~ because I am a know it all Craigslist searcher. ; ) Use the search word by itself of “teak”, “eucalyptus”, “patio”, “porch”, “deck furniture”, “sunroom furniture”. You wouldn’t believe how many more hits you get. Do this on the first page of CL in your area. Not under a specific section. People place their ads everywhere. Good luck! XOXO!

6. Janet says:

I’m just a teeny bit behind so I just read this…how long after you posted? Today’s the 29th (our 37th anniversary–no typo. Anyway, you’ve raised my hopes about selling our hot tub on CL. Ours works, seats 6, we just can’t use it now. Your patio set is lovely!! Try as I might, I can’t get hubs past his fear of CL. Of course a guy in a nearby city being shot and killed trying to sell a computer on CL doesn’t help. But let’s be real—would you meet a guy on a street corner in a dangerous part of the city, to sell a computer?????
    Janet