Ok, I’m not trying to freak you all out…..

Dinging room 1

But there is no turning back now.

And, depending on when you read this….

If Tuesday morning…early…..I am trying to put on the final coat before I go to work.

And I have passed the panic point about painting the brick, my trim and about finalized my divorce.

Ok?

So, everyone caught up?

Hope so. ; )

PS. You do know that I am joking about the divorce don’t you? Well, you need to know this. Painting inside with my husband does NOT strengthen my marriage. We both hate it. The.End. ; )

Comments

1. Hang in there, it’s going to be awesome :)

2. Kolein says:

HAhahahaahahaaaa! I told you WE did that once, too! ONCE. ONCE. ONCE. Hahahaha! And we lived to tell!

I’m so friggin’ excited that you are painting your brick!!!! Seriously! Do I have a life? I do. But this is way more exciting right at the moment!!! CanNOT wait to see the finished product!

Betcha those “unsubscribers” jump back on tonight!

XO
    ~K

3. Karol Harlan says:

Hi, you ambitious young pretty lady, you! Just wanted you to know that your first comment about the divorce hit me like a ton of your big red bricks!! Thank you for setting me straight at the end!

My own experience with remodeling and modernizing included an old “yellow” brick fireplace that was truly “bugly”, as you used to say… I changed everything into black and white, including book shelves on the sides and it has been the best idea I ever had. We now spend many comfortable hours in that room enjoying the beautiful smell of wood burning and reading from the best of books!

You are always an inspiration to me with your great blog about your life and projects. I learn much from you and I want you to know how much you are appreciated!

Love you,
    Karol

4. Mary Ann says:

If they can paint brick on HGTV, YOU can paint your brick… can’t wait to see it!

5. Martha says:

I painted my bricks and mantle years ago and still am glad I did. The brick will soak up the paint, so it may take a few coats, but well worth it. Oh, and you will probably realize you need to do some caulking….that’s the part I did not like.

6. Projects seem to cause a slight “strain” on my marraige as well, so I feel your pain!! Can’t wait to see the final product!

7. trish says:

LOVE that you are painting the brick. I had thought about suggesting it but didn’t want to push you into doing something that would seem “unconventional.” Can’t wait to see it : )

8. Shannon says:

I just love the idea of the painted brick! It will make the room seem so much bigger. And I know what you mean about painting with the hubby. I’d rather do it all even the prep than to have him help! He does not like to paint AT ALL! So to save my marriage I don’t even ask! ;)

9. Janet says:

My hubs and i hate painting, too. Know what you mean :-) Did I tell you we’ve been married almost 37 years? LOL
    Janet

10. Michelle says:

There is definately no going back now! It will be worth it though the space will be so much brighter and lighter without all the inside brick. My friends have exposed brick through their home and covered it in sheeting and plastered over it and then painted. Now that was a lot of work! The wife stayed at her Mums with the kids while the work was being done, maybe thats why no divorce was mentioned lol. Maybe hubs needs to be traded in for a young fit and eager painter :D

11. Stephanie says:

I’m still waiting to see the finished product… So excited! I white washed the brick fireplace in our house and lived with it like that for about a month before I bit the bullet and painted it solid white. I’m in LOVE. And I even did it against my hubby’s wishes. He also loves it now.

12. It’s going to look great. Fresh, white and lots of light.