Bench Dining Changes

Ok……if you all thought I was asking your opinion on my bench dining room, but didn’t really mean it.

Here’s an update.

Bench Dining YouAreTalkingTooMuch.com 20

This is the big ‘ole honking armoire that I didn’t even show in the picture. It is against the wall to the right…….

A lady is coming Saturday that wants it.

Selling 1

And now…..I have to come up with a place to put all of this.

selling 2

Oh.Crap.

Remember when I put the “are we poor” look on my kids faces? You can click “here” to see that post.

I didn’t even show you the rug I had bought for the room.

And now I can’t.

Because I SOLD it!

Oh.Crap.Again.

I’m pretty much back where I started.

dining room 1

But I want to tell you something.

#1. Read the comments on Facebook on the two posts where I asked for people’s opinions. (Follow me there if you do not already) XOXO!

#2. Give your opinion and ideas, here and on Facebook, if you haven’t already. You can share links of looks you like etc.

#3. BUT THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT.  I HONESTLY, HONESTLY, HONESTLY think I am blessed with the kindest readers in the world? Whenever you ask for opinions on a change you make….sometimes people can say things that hurt….a little. I read it on other blogs and I cringe for the bloggers. BUT EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU…..gave your thoughts, opinions and tips in a way that even I…the one that made the change, could see that you were giving your ideas and tips in a way  to make sure you didn’t “hurt” me with you comment.

Dang.Diddly.Dang.It.

You know how lucky I am?

Seriously?

I read other blogs. Other commenters. You guys are truly the best.

We are like the “nice” girls and guys club.

Except for the fact that my family now thinks I am clinically insane by selling what I just transformed and all because I listened to my readers, whom they are still convinced are big, nasty guys in prison pretending to be people like you.

So…..it’s just you and me here.

Stay with me on this change and if I stop posting for a bit, make sure my family didn’t have me admitted somewhere.

Kk?

Keep your thoughts coming!!

I meant it when I said I wanted them. You were voicing things I was “feeling”, but didn’t want to try to attempt or make the effort to change.

Eeek!

Who is showing up to help me paint?

All right share away peeps!

I love you.

Even if you are named “Harry” and wearing an orange jump suit and using the computer in your “free” time and calling yourself “a faithful reader”. ; )

At least you know what you are talking about when it comes to decor…..

Keep the comments coming!

Comments

1. Shawna says:

So, I was thinking… Just to change it up a bit (more) and in keeping with the look and feel of the wingback chairs (assuming they are staying), if you aren’t completely opposed to doing a little electrical work, maybe salvage a vintage chandelier and swap out the ceiling fixture. And size isn’t super important. Just depends on where you want the focus of the room to be I guess. The finish isn’t a big deal either. You can always paint it. Also, if you have a wild hair and decide that you want a focal wall, sherwin Williams has some suuuuuuuuper cute, sometimes textured, wallpapers. Fun stuff. Just some thoughts is all. Figured I’d throw a few more ideas into the mix and maybe make your decision making process a little more difficult. :b good luck with everything!

2. Kolein says:

We ARE the nice people. Thank you. I haven’t blogged since last April because I felt a tilt in the DIY blogging atmosphere. Call it naivete, but I thought we ALL were one happy family. And then things changed. People became sarcastic and snarky (which are the same, I believe) and *gasp*, COMPETITIVE. I was blogging for fun and a creative push to alter my home and make it sing. For years I felt the love and support of all the nice bloggers. Then all the dot coms came out as if from hiding and took over. (a little melodramatic I suppose) I like being nice, creating nice and surrounding myself with nice. All the time. We do create our surroundings and then we live in them, right? #raisinghandproudpollyanna

I realize this doesn’t really have anything to do with your DR. Or does it?

ps – if those orange jumper guys are reading your blog, I don’t blame them. The neutral decor of those cells must be dismal.

3. Mary Ann says:

Love the armoire, wish we were close because I need something like that to hold all my “stuff” :-) (and get even more).

4. trish says:

I would TOTALLY come help you paint if I didn’t live so far! Now that all that furniture has been sold or moved to another room, maybe the low profile seating will work now? Is the table low enough to see the fireplace if it were floated in the middle of the room? Just wondering…

: )

• Rebecca says:

Trish, I tried that and it just felt weird….but with re-thinking my plan now, maybe it will work with another design. I will keep trying! Keep commenting! XOXO! Reb

5. Rhonda says:

I really think you need to minimize the items in the room and go with a large, round pedestal table. You’d be surprised at how many people can fit around a round table, much better for talking too!

6. Sandy says:

Move the tables by the fireplace out & put the wing backs there. May have to sacrifice the footstool. Move the blue dining chairs where the wing backs are now. Put the other dining chair where the armoire is & look for an open shelving cabinet. Then go through the things in that armoire & decide what is REALLY important & what you REALLY use. Do something new & creative with the mantle. Have some fun in this room & add a spot of a bright color.

7. Dona says:

(deep voice)…hey, this is Harry. How’d you blow my cover? you could be in serious trouble, now, lady.

Hehe. Nah, I’m just a Grani (yes, with an ‘i’) in a house in AZ, loving you and your blog. But you cracked me up when you said that about ‘Harry’, so I had to respond.

And I’d love to help with the contents of your Armoire. I have plenty of room for everything. Just ship it on over. Or better yet, bring it and spend a few days!

Cuz my cell has a bunk………….

8. Nicole says:

I don’t know how your house is set up but could you make this room the family room or the living room, so you can enjoy the fireplace and move the dining room somewhere else?

Or you could just tell me to mind my own business, lol!!

xx

9. Molly says:

Three words: Big. Giraffe. Lamp. Problem solved.

Seriously though, you’re in good hands. Great suggestions from everyone.

10. Dorothy says:

Of course we are nice! We are your readers….
    Anyhow, I just spent six weekends in a row painting my daughter’s new place, from drywall, primer and up. Multiple coats. I cannot paint another room right now, my arm and hand is cramping and hurting. Sorry. However, the first thing I would do is to change the bright yellow to something softer, the room is too small and the color makes it smaller. Maybe a soft blue gray? To go with the darker brick. Oh, what if you paint the fireplace to open the room up? I have seen that done and it looks wonderful. Whatever makes you happy!
    I also like placing the table in the middle with benches. With it at the side, the room feels lopsided somehow. Maybe it’s just in the photos it looks like that. Oh, here’s an idea…maybe if you put in against the window wall with that white bench there or a backless one on the both sides? I don’t know, I love playing like you do and am always rearranging my house and others’ (sometimes just in my head lol). If you use chairs, I would find some with lower backs and without arms.
    Darn I have to go to work. Maybe I’ll be back later with more suggestions I’m sure you want! LOL!
    Hugs