Dollar Tree Rose Petal Wreath! Less than a Dollar!

Remember the Dollar Tree rose petal trees?

I used left over petals to make this precious Dollar Tree rose petal wreath!

Rose Petal Wreath Dollar Tree YouAreTalkingTooMuch.com10

And I still have enough left over petals to make about 747 more trees and 454 more wreaths.

So this wreath may have cost me about ………..thirty cents.

For real.

I was so committed to keeping my supplies below a dollar that I didn’t use a wreath form.

I used supplies that I felt everyone would have on hand.

Here is what you will need.

Dollar Tree Rose Petal Wreath YouAreTalkingTooMuch.com 10

Not bad is it?

I wouldn’t even use my expensive paper plates. For real?

Start with a cheapie paper plate and cut out a wreath shape and wrap it in tissue paper like this. Save the inside circle of your plates. We will use it later.

Dollar Tree Rose Petal Wreath YouAreTalkingTooMuch.com 12

The tissue and tape makes it sturdier, so do not worry about using a cheap paper plate.

I like using tissue because I want to make sure the white paper plate doesn’t peep through behind the red flower petals.

After wrapping your plate,  you will then start taping your petals around your plate in layers. This took longer than it did on my trees. I was baby sitting our grand-daughter but I also wanted both sides of my wreath covered as well so I took more time with my wreath.

Rose Petal Wreath YouAreTalkingTooMuch.com 13

Ready for your next step?

It’s what you saved the inside circle of your plate for.

Take your circle and make a heart!

I spray painted mine with chalk board paint but do not feel like you need you need to run out and buy chalk board paint. Use black sharpie! Black construction paper! Be creative! Go cheap!

It’s from the heart people!

Rose Petal Wreath YouAreTalkingTooMuch.com 14

And it’s thinking “outside of the box”.

For.Less.Than.One.Dollar.

XOXO

Dollar Tree Rose Petal Wreath YouAreTalkingTooMuch.com 8

Romeo

PLUS

Rebecca

Equals

True LOVE Forever!

wreath3

FYI…..

Romeo = Dow

R=Rebecca

Dollar Tree Rose Petal Wreath 1

Can you BELIEVE how far these petals go?

Have you gotten any  petals yet?

Can you BELIEVE how disgusting the bottom of my chairs are?

They aren’t distressed, they are disgusting.

I’m.Sorry.

Care to talk to me people?

I would love to hear from you.

Like the wreaths?

I  would love to know!

a/k/a

Reb

I’m linking up to:

Comments

1. debbiedoos says:

Well first things first, this is so stinkin cute. Second, off to pin now! See you in a few days!

2. Ele says:

Looks really cute on the back of the white chair!

3. Donna Hudson says:

I recently signed up to receive an email from your blog. I am enjoying it so much! When your email arrives in my InBox with your “You Are Talking Too Much” email address, I always think that’s it’s the subject line and say to myself, “Oh, no! Somebody is correcting me through email! I’m in trouble AGAIN!” LOL! Thanks for keeping me on my toes!

4. I love, love, love it Reb! The chalkboard heart is the perfect touch! Pinning right away, and heading to the Dollar Tree to get me some rose petals!

5. What a precious and pretty idea! Love it! :)

6. Stephanie says:

Love the wreath. I enjoyed reading your blog – keep up the good work.

7. Amber Knight says:

I did a search for “closet organization lots of small clothes hoping to lose weight” and found your blog! I’m glad I did! Still having some issues with the slightly smaller clothes. I have more of them than what fit right now. I gained some weight. :-/

8. Amber Knight says:

Love the wreaths, btw!!!

9. trish banner says:

Love the post. Thanks for sharing with your stamp of humor : )

10. Nicole says:

This is adorable! And your photos are really nice. Love your table and (ahem!) distressed chairs and the heart looks terrific on it. (By the way, my chairs are “distressed” too…) ;^)

Nicole

11. Cathy says:

That is really cute and so inexpensive to make – love it….

12. Nancy says:

YOU ARE CRACKING ME UP!!!!! You could talk about a pile of dirt and make me laugh! I loved the comment about the bottom of your chairs… bahahah. I caught myself apologizing to a ad saleslady today because I talked waaaayy too much when she stopped by to try to sell us an ad. Didn’t buy an ad, but had a faaabulous conversion & we solved aalll of the world’s problems. Our town is so small that we have to drive 20 minutes to a Dollar Tree… it’s a sin, I know!! I have all of projects that I want to start, but my world keeps invading “MY TIME”! Today as I was moving yet another peice of furniture (a crappy but danty table) that I am thinking of stripping or painting, I thought about you and thought about how much fun you would have with it. Keep the ideas and humor coming… too funny!

13. Shenita says:

Cute wreath, Rebecca! Just saw your post on Debbie’s Dollar Tree party!

14. Miss Kitty says:

This is SUCH a pretty wreath…thanks for sharing how you made it with us. I love your idea for making a wreath form…very clever! I saw your post over at Shannon and Debbie’s Dollar Tree Valentine link party. You’re #1!

15. Shannon says:

You are funny! Glad I found you through Debbiedoo’s party. This wreath is super cute hung on the back of the chair. I love it!

16. Megan says:

Such a unique idea! I love that it’s a dollar store project too! I found your blog through Shannon and Debbie’s party. I’m a new follower too. Megan

17. MariaElena says:

Beautiful! It looks so pretty on your chair! Very creative!

18. Tanya says:

This is so pretty Rebecca!!! I love the little chalkboard heart, just perfect. You are so funny, and your chairs are so pretty ;)

xoxo, Tanya

19. I just found your blog thru Babble & I think you’re great!!! And also really funny. I just might have to make this awesome wreath w/ my daughter! :) Thanks, Jessica (DisneySisters.com)

• Rebecca says:

Jessica, I am so happy you found me! Please stick around and get my post delivered to your inbox! I am going to head on over to check out your blog now! XOXO! Rebecca

20. Sharon says:

This is adorable! So cute! I’m going to have my Sunday School class make this for their Mom’s for Valentine’s Day. They are going to love it.

21. Charlotte { Char } Belange says:

Hi REB! Glad I found your site. I’m going to $$$ Tree in the morning to see if I can get
    the rose’s and a bag of corks. I will make the wreath tomorrow and Sunday I have really
    bad R/A fingers so sometimes things take me 3 times longer than others. Take care
    and may God bless you. I’ll be reading you whole site in the morning.
    Char Belange YELM WA