Christmas Cake Plates

Transform your cake plates or plates into a “Christmas Cake Plates” with just a Dollar Tree rub on stencil!

I picked up this cake plate at the thrift store the other day.

I know, you are shocked that I was in a thrift store aren’t you?

Well, I followed the trip to the thrift store with a trip to the Dollar Tree and picked up these $1.00 rub on stencils.

Rubbed them on….

Grabbed my neighbors wrinkly hand and took a photo. (update: this is my hand. I do not “hate” on my neighbor’s hands. That would be my mother. Someone mistakenly thought I was hating on my neighbor. The old timers around here that have been reading my blog know that I use my neighbor’s wrinkly hand in many photo shoots. ; ) XOXO! )

And

Added some ribbon……

Wah Lah!

Wahlly Lah, Lah, Lah , Ha!

The green ribbon stays on this little plate year round.

I just add a holiday-color -ribbon behind it if I get a hankering.

I had the hankering.

Scratch it off when the holiday is over.

This easy…..

Worried about washing it?

It’s a dollar for a boo-koo of these transfers. (Not to be confused with Honey Boo Boo.)

Boo-Koo definition as found in Rebecca-pedia.

Boo-Koo: Bunch of.

So, don’t panic if you have to wash your plate and your transfer starts to come off.

It’s ok.

Just re-apply.

That easy.

A ton of possibilities are running through your head right now, aren’t they?

Would you use this idea?

There are a ton of cute transfers for only $1.00.

Ready to grab yours?

Talk to me people!

I’m linking up to:

Comments

1. Shannon Fox says:

Super Ka-Ute! Never thought of doing that. What a great idea!! Love the Christmasy ribbon too. Totally tops it off :) I’ll have to check mine for those transfers.

Happy Holidays!!

2. Love this idea, and yes, I love thrifted items – as long as they are in good to like-new condition.

3. Raquel says:

Hello! Great idea of the temporary stencil. It looks so nice and makes that cake plate so much more versatile! Stopping from Debbie Doo’s!

4. diane says:

Love this idea. I didn’t see these at my dollar store, but they may have come in recently. Guess I know where I’m headed tomorrow. Don’t you think a layer of clearnail polish would protect it for more than one use?

5. debbiedoos says:

Oh how stinkin cute is this! I love this idea. And non-toxic too:) Thanks for sharing Rebecca. I am having a ball.

6. Maria says:

What an awesome idea! I have one of this stands my daughter bought me a couple of years ago. I also love changing the rbbon for the holidays, but I just love the idea of the transfers so much!!! Yours looks gorgeous! Thank you for the inspiration!

7. So cute! I can see these transfers on a lot of things! I will look for these on my next trip to the Dollar Tree!

8. The Other Me says:

New inspiration is always appreciated. I’m already rounding up all those cake plates and planning a trip to the Dollar Store. Thanks for the tip.

9. Ira Morse says:

Make it merry, with this festive plate cake stand; it will bring a festive spirit to any holiday.

10. Nicole says:

Great idea! Merci boo-koo!!

11. Mary Ruth says:

Neighbor’s wrinkly hand??? Apologizing for her hand? Not getting it….

12. imklvr says:

LOVE it! I knew what boo-koo means. But I’ve wondered….how many is a bunch? Is it more than a slew? Less than gobs? ‘Bout the same as a kaboodle? Inquiring minds want to know! But regardless, I’ll be hitting the dollar store today. Thanks!

13. Very pretty, and what a great idea to be able to use the plate all year. I can see doing it for birthdays, anniversaries, whatever comes along. And at a bargain price, too!

14. Becca says:

It must be a Rebecca-ism because I use Boo-ku too!

I must hit up my dollar store and see if they have these rubons. The plates came out wonderful.