Black buffet

Did you miss yesterday’s antique black dresser makeover?

I will be revealing the new paint I have found later this week but will be showing you several pieces that I have “tried it out on”.

My next reveal?

Here ya’ go.

I love pieces like the one I’m sharing today. They are such a unique size.

Not too big….not too small.

They can be used in so many places.

This one was just out-dated.

And I did what I normally do NOT do.

I painted in black again.

It will look great in the salon that I will be placing a few pieces in.

The paint worked out great on this surface with NO priming again.

This was the smooth surface of maple (it is maple isn’t it?) and I wondered if it would adhere.

It did.

And perfectly.

These photos are driving me crazy a bit.

The lighting is yucky and when I add light later it appears grainy.

I am trying out my new “studio” and I haven’t figured out my lighting yet.

You know what I mean…….big whig bloggers (hoo hoo hee hee ha ha) like myself need a professional studio to do their photos in. That way I (hubby) don’t have to lug out all my pieces in the yard to get good lighting for photos.

And being a big whig blogger (hoo hoo hee hee ha ha) like myself, I put my foot down and said to my hubby….

“I WANT A STUDIO”.

His answer.

“CLEAN UP THE GARAGE”.

Oh….

That’s a good idea.

So, I’m trying to decorate a section for photo shoots. I am hoping that the light from the open garage door will give me enough light. There is a balcony over this garage door which blocks some of the light.

The backdrop will change eventually, I was just grabbing what I had to hide paint spatters and dings and scratches on my garage wall.

But enough about me.

Well, not really.…I could keep that up all day but here is more about this little-black-buffet.

I used gold leaf on the doors to embellish a bit.

I liked it with the brass color of the hardware and the gold color of the wood peeping through.

And guess what?

I painted the drawer again.

Peek-a-boo!

By the way, I was going to say, “Pee-Pie” but I thought what if you don’t say “Pee-Pie” instead of “Peak-a-boo” and think I am saying “Pee-Pie” like “Pee. Pee“, you would think GROSS…..and I didn’t want you to think I was talking about….well…..you get it.

I just thought you might want to know that.

You didn’t, did you?

I told you I could go on about myself all day.

Back on track, the drawer was in bad shape and painting it gave it a pretty and fun pop.

I left the maple in the cabinet though….look how pretty it looks with the black.

You like?

So, one more piece with the new “TOP SECRET” paint.

I will test out two new colors before my reveal and I will let you know how you can get your own.

$13.00 a quart has worked out really good so far. We will see…….

Does black freak you out?

I could see black being implemented into my own decor actually.

Almost easier than white.

~GASP~

Don’t be hating on me people.

I know you all decorate so beautifully with all white…..

I want to when I grow up.

But I keep going back to color.

~GASP AGAIN!!!!!~

I’m shabby….I’m just not chic.

I may even be doing more color this week with the new paint.

~TRIPLE GASP!!!!!!!!!!!~

Don’t run away!

I will go back to creamy white and soft colors again.

But for now…..

It will be interesting to see how the black pieces sell.

What do you think?

Would a black piece work in your home?

I would love to know.

PS. I’m linking up to:

Friday:

Comments

1. Jenny says:

Love this!!! LOVE the painted drawer!! Are you using chalk paint?

2. Karen Thomas says:

I love the black!! And I cannot wait to hear what the paint is! Love your blog… and I say pee pie too.

3. Betty Walls says:

I love the black. It looks great. I don’t know how anyone lives in an all white/colorless world….

4. Robin says:

I think the black is beautiful. We have marble floors in our new home and although I love white for its fresh look, the black just looks better. And I think it’s sophisticated :)

5. Sandy Edgar says:

I love the black…will be waiting to hear what the paint is…

6. I’ve been on a black kick for a while now. My husband was actually shocked one day when I brought home a little stool and DIDN’T paint it black! I just love the richness of the look and the way the other colors ‘pop’ against it. Can’t wait to hear more about this paint you’re using. I LOVE the look!

7. imklvr says:

TOTALLY love the black….but you’ve hardly ever done anything I didn’t love. And aren’t you glad you kept that orange bench? It’s fantastic with the black…and NOT because of Halloween. Keep up the great work, girl. You inspire me.

8. Lori says:

Girl, that is too cute!! Listen, I love creamy white furniture…have it all over my house. But, every single room in my house has at least one piece of black furniture. It just works…I think your on to something here :)

9. Suzan says:

I think it’s gorgeous – every room needs a little black to ground it – and you knocked this one right out of the park!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

10. Melony Tallarek says:

BEAUTIFUL! Love that piece…..in May I rescued, off the curb a few blocks away, a buffet…..painted school bus yellow! Dragged it home, not only because it was the perfect size, but, I had been praying for a dresser for my husbands and my new baby girl due oh, any time now!=)
    Early in the summer, our eldest (17) found the joy of citrus strip and she took most of the yellow off. I thought that piece would look wonderful in black and my husband and I went to Lowes and bought Valspar Cool Lava paint and primer in one…..LOVE IT! My husband used our HVLP, high volume low pressure paint sprayer and on a beautiful Saturday, painted that and also everything else I could get out of the door behind his back. I wanted to see how durable the paint is so I had him spray a stool from my white painted days, that had not been sanded. So far it has stood the test and I am very pleased with the finish.
    Thank you for your site! I am so inspired by it!!!!
    Melony