Goodwill Secret #2!

So, guess what?
Want to know what my most pinned post was  in about a month?
Not any of my FEE-ABULOUS projects but it was yesterdays post…..Goodwill Secret!
Think we can all relate to a good deal?
That is exactly why I love you guys!
I also love you so much that I went to my local Goodwill yesterday and talked to the retail manager for quite some time and guess what?
I found out more Goodwill secrets that I think you may enjoy.
Some that I didn’t even know. I thought I knew them all!
So, I am going to share all of the Goodwill secrets with you!
One secret at a time….ready?
How many of you know to look in the household section for what number is being discounted?
I am surprised by how many of my friends and family aren’t aware of this “secret”.
I want to make sure you guys are getting the deals, so, I thought this was the perfect “secret” to reveal next.
Our local Goodwills place a paper sign on the back door or hang a sign somewhere in the household section displaying the number that is being offered at 50% off.
There is a number on each item and a price.
 If your number is the one on the sign…..50%off.
Wham!
Just saved you money!
Cool, isn’t it?!
When I talked to our local Goodwill managers today, they did say that this is something that the Goodwills in our region do.  Just like the bell ringing….gotta’ love them for that!
But you need to check with your Goodwill because I bet yours has a special like this or something similar.
I would love to know what yours does in this case.
Are you still waiting and thinking you won’t find a deal?
The 50% is how I got many of my fun Goodwill finds.
Speaking of Goodwill finds……remember some of these?
Remember what they were transformed into with only paint?
Are you convinced?
I won’t bore you with too many of my goodies.
You can do a search on my blog with the word “Goodwill” and you will find a lot more!
Let’s just keep this post to “Secret #2″.
The 50% is a great way to get low priced items even cheaper!
What do you think?
Ready for more secrets?
Do you look for this sign?
Did you know to look for it?
I would love to know!
PS. I’m not paid by Goodwill to talk about them. I’m not given any compensation.
They do not know me except for the fact that I stalk all of their locations.
I just love a deal and I love what they offer and want to share it with you!
Check out their website to find a Goodwill nearest you!
Goodwill Industries International logo

Comments

1. I didn’t know about the #! Awesome! I’ll be so on-edge now shopping at goodwill, willllling them to ring a bell!

2. It’s a color in mine… Every item has either a colored tag or a letter in the price I.e. 1.29Y for yellow. The color of thederek is posted on a board at the from door. 50% off. However, I have heard the employees work late the night before Changing tags. Also, Tuesday’s are 25% off days for senior citizen!

3. Kathe says:

Our Goodwills have a 50% of all but blue & orange tagged items twice a month on Saturday. And about every other month on 50 % off days they will have all denim at .99!

4. Pat says:

Every major holiday, everything is 50% off. Sacramento and surrounding areas.
    Guess business is slow on holidays. Are your Goodwills messy (junky)? Ours seem to be. Still fun!

5. suzieQ says:

In Maine, there is the color of the week which is 50% off. I have heard that they change the colors, which I don’t want to believe but I fear it may be true, darn. The prices are never lower than 99 cents, which is higher than other places and prices have risen as the thrift, re-purposing shows on television have come along. There are still great bargains to be had, but not as good as they used to be. Still, I get a lot of my clothing from there and many compliments, which if so fun. I enjoy telling people where I got my bargains.
    Oh, and you can buy a discount card for $10 which allows an additional 10% off each item and on your birthday, everything is 50% off.
    Guess I know my G.W., huh? I call it my favorite store in the world.

6. Anonymous says:

I’m SO sad. In our region…they have NO bells! If you even see anything in the back room or coming in – they won’t let you buy it until its checked in (which is usually days) Other thing, our Goodwills don’t discount ANYTHING anymore.

Not sure if its the whole region, but in Central Iowa…. none of them have these great options! :(

lindavb50208@yahoo.com

7. Jenny says:

I am loving this series!

My Goodwill & my local Salvation Army store post what’s on discount on an easel by the front door. Goodwill tells you what color is 50% off. If the item is tagged in that color it’s half off, no matter what section it’s in. Most housewares have the 1st letter of the color written with the price instead of a colored tag. For example $4 G means four dollars green. If green is the color for that day it’s half off.

We have quite a few locally run charity shops too. Some of them write the date on everything as they put it out. If you find something one month old, it’s half off. Love this!

8. In CT there’s a color of the day throughout the store. Any item with that color of tag is 50% that day. I got my daughter a pair of black capris by JNCO with the new store tags on them, for $5! The pink sticker said $10, pink was the color of the day. Retail was $39.00.
    Janet

9. Dorothy says:

Nearest Goodwill is over an hour away. We have Salvation Army stores here and they do 50% off the colored tags of the day. They hang the tags from the signs hanging down over each department so you know which tag is the tag of the day. I am a big fan of these kinds of stores and do a lot of my personal clothes shopping for work there. My daughter and I always think, why did someone give this away?? I’ll take it! I love how I only have to go to one store and can find items from all different manufacturers and store brands.

Last year we bought my daughter a solid wood beautiful buffet for 100 dollars. Best steal ever. Seems like you can only buy pressed wood in furniture stores anymore that falls apart just like my granddaughter’s new dresser from a name brand store did after a short year. It is crap. Never again.

10. So, thanks for helping me brush up on Goodwill. Maybe I just need their secrets to be more successful. Who knew???

11. Darrell Weaver says:

I love the Goodwill in Mt. Pleasant on Coleman. I have found so many wonderful items that helped with my move to the Village. I love the discount card. Its nice to be greeted when you walk in the door. Plus the staff is very helpful. The mens clothing area is full of nice clothes that are properly displayed and not just put on a rack. On my birthday I had been looking for a small computer desk. I had noticed one, but the price was a lil high considering the item. That day it was meant to be, for it had been marked down .. and then it was marked down again. I was “this desk is meant for me” happy. Paying $4.00 isn’t a bad deal. Thanks again for all you do for the community.

12. Marshall Cypress says:

no numbers. here in Phoenix it is a color and usually applies to everything in the store with that color.

Trackbacks

1. [...] Goodwill Secret #2, we learned about the discounts that are offered on certain items and how you find out which ones. [...]