The Perfect Red

It was unanimous. Everyone wanted the formula for the perfect red.

And no…..

I wasn’t trying to “tease” or “bait” you.

I actually had gotten paint all over the bar code that Lowe’s puts on your cans to identify the mixed color and wasn’t sure which sample I had used.

I was finally able to get to Lowes yesterday and they looked it up for me. My Lowe’s paint guys are sooooo helpful!

So, no fancy recipe. Nothing complicated. Just a messy painter who slopped all over her can.

You’re welcome.

The perfect red is……….

Drum roll please………

Match of Valspar™ 1011-3 Quite Red

Color match of Valspar 1011-3 Quite Red*

This is why it is so important to try the color and not go just off the swatch.

To me….the swatch looks burgundy.

And I definitely didn’t want burgundy.

On wood…..it actually is the “perfect” red.

Remember this little table?

Same red.

Perfect.

You wouldn’t believe how different it looks in that part of my living room right now.

I will show you later this week. (Another teaser! ; ) )

For the perfect red……Lowes sells the Valspar samples for around $2.80.

Go try the perfect red for yourself.

I have so much to tell you guys. I need your take on a couple of things. Make sure to stick around. I need you all!

When will we be able to catch up?

Were you one of the ones waiting for the color?

If not, for $2.80 would you find something to paint this perfect shade of red?

I would love to hear your plans!

I love hearing from you.

PS.
I’m linking up to:

Comments

1. It is perfect! I have a couple things in the garage that I might use it on. I’ll keep you posted ;)

2. Anne says:

love love love – thank you so much!!!

3. handysandy says:

I have a desk just waiting for this color. Now that I see your table I may do a little table I have been wondering what color it should be. Thanks.

4. I just bought a mini-dresser/night stand for my son’s room and that’s the perfect shade of red to match his bedding :)

5. Just so happens that we are doing a make over on our front porch/door and the new color is…..Quite Red 1011-3! After hemming and hawing in the paint aisle for two days I decided on Saturday that Quite Red was the one! I’ve been all about the red door lately and I absolutely loved your little red dresser, lucky for me that it happened to be the same. Can’t wait to see how our door turns out after seeing your lovely projects!

6. Just so happens that we are doing a make over on our front porch/door and the new color is…..Quite Red 1011-3! After hemming and hawing in the paint aisle for two days I decided on Saturday that Quite Red was the one! I’ve been all about the red door lately and I absolutely loved your little red dresser, lucky for me that it happened to be the same. Can’t wait to see how our door turns out after seeing your lovely projects!

7. Ruth says:

Planning to paint my front door. Will make note of color and try a sample.

Thank you!

8. Amy H. says:

I have my son’s old dresser out in the garage that is ready to paint, and I’ve really debated with myself over the color. Was thinking turquoise or a midtone blue, but this color is awesome! Good job (as usual!). You are such an inspiration to me, please keep up the good work!

9. Tam says:

You’re right, the paint chip always looks different…I LOVE your red, my fave color in the whole world!

10. I just got my sample to do my son’s ‘new’ mini dresser/tv stand. It was an ordeal but I have it ;)

Oh & I made your Butt yest too, always a fav w/my son :)

11. the minute I saw this pic in the thumbnail I knew it had to be you! It really is the perfect RED!
    Thank you!
    Karin

12. Just Jaime says:

Gorgeous red! Great job!

13. SO beautiful!! Love this color. Would like to paint a dresser with it but have a question. I have not painted a piece of furniture before…Could you please let me know what kind of paint do you use? Thanks!

14. Indiengmom says:

I might use it on a pair of end tables.

15. Kperki@yahoo.com says:

I love this dresser!! It is so lovely!! I am new to this painting furniture and trying to learn as much as I can. I am so glad I found your site! Truly inspiring!

Could you please tell me did you the dark wax over it? Is that what I am seeing or is it a different base coat underneath that I am seeing coming through?

If this info is already on your site I apologize. I tried searching it to see if there was a tutorial already on it but didn’t see it.

Thanks!!

Trackbacks

1. [...] tried to get this kind of paint in my “Perfect” Red before I revealed the paint but the bases on this paint could not be tinted this red and would have [...]