Christmas banister!

Do we call our banister a Christmas banister in the holidays?

Do you spell banister with two “n’s” or one. Google that one peeps. I did. Write Christmas banister a few times and see how weird it starts looking.

This is a very deep Christmas banister post, can you tell?

Want to know how I decorate my Christmas banister with one “n”?

Well, I purchased lit garland from QVC years ago…….and that is what I use to wrap my banister with.

This is the view of my Christmas banister when you come in the house from the garage door.

In case you wondered.

Or were in my house, without me inviting you and you needed to know where to go.

Please knock first.

Just so you know…..uninvited and coming through the garage……

You might freak me out a tad.

Kk?

This is the view from my front door.

Not all gussied up but I like it’s simplicity.

My Christmas banister decorating is simplicity at it’s best.

Or laziness disguised.

I did my little chalkboards the other day and you wouldn’t believe how easy and affordable. You can check out my Noel Christmas chalkboards post and find out how to make your own.

Aren’t they cute?

I will be posting the tutorial soon. (UPDATE: You can find my Christmas Noel Chalkboards here)

I have heard so many sweet comments on my house lately.

I want to thank you.

So…..thank you.

For real.

Now, I have a guessing game for you.

Guess how many bedrooms, baths and sq. footage in my house.

AND

How many fireplaces do you think it has?

You may or may not be surprised at the answer.

You may or may not care.

You may or may not like my Christmas banister.

I hope you do care and I hope you enjoy getting to know me…..and my home a little more….

I thought this may be fun.

AND

I think you may appreciate where the game is heading.

Let me hear your guesses!

(Please follow my blog!) ; )

Click “here” for the new post on the answer to the size of my house!
Click “here” for the secrets of the NOEL chalkboards!

I’m linking up to:

Next Post:

Comments

1. I am guessing 4 bedrooms, 3 baths adn 3000 sq ft. I really like the looks of your house. I don’t have a bannister to decorate. I bet I would if I did though. Yours looks good. I like that you use red.

2. Michelle M. says:

4 bedrooms, 3 1/2 baths, 2 fireplaces, 3100 sq. ft.

3. Katie Franck says:

Sweet chalkboards :) …ok I’m guessing 2500 sq ft, 3 bed rooms,2 baths & 2 fireplaces…….

4. Molly says:

OK. I say 3 beds, 2 1/2 baths and 2700 square feet. Is the fireplace question a trick? Do you have a chimney but no fireplace? Or are you one of the lucky ones with a fireplace downstairs and one in the master bedroom? I’ll go with that. 2 fireplaces.

5. Shannon says:

I guess you have 5 bdrms, 3 baths, 0 fireplaces and 2,600 sq ft! Love the banister! Hope you have a great day!

6. April says:

I’m guessing 4 bedrooms, 3 1/2 baths, 1 fireplace although you wish you had 2. Square feet….hmmmm…2800. Btw, LOVE your blog, you keep me laughing with every post!

7. Josie says:

My guess is 6 bedrooms 3 1/2 baths 3200 sq. ft and I only see 1 chimney so 1 fireplace….Your house is absolutely stunning!

8. Jackie Lyles says:

3 bedrooms; 3 baths; 2 fireplaces (and 1 outside); I think you used to have more bedrooms but you created a home office. Love the bannister, the new front door paint/stain,and all the Christmas decorations! It is quite beautimus!

9. SOOOOOO beautiful Rebecca! I absolutely love the NOEL chalkboards going up the banister and I may just have to copy that idea next year. I love your red bench too and want to know where it came from??!! Everything looks so wonderful. :-)
    Vanessa

10. Stacey says:

I love your banister…we don’t have one but if we did I would have it decorated! And I love the chalkboards…so cute! I bet you house is 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths & 2 fireplaces…one in your dining room & maybe one in the master bedroom (that is if the master is right above the dining room)??? 3,000 sq feet? I love the exterior of your home…very inviting. And I love the pops of red here & there…so pretty!

11. Love your banister Rebecca! So lovely and the chalkboard signs are so cute!

Heather

12. Jo Ann says:

Beautiful house…let’s see it all! More..we want more! 4 bedrooms, 3 baths?

13. KAT says:

Oh I remember when I was little we lived in a tiny home in Royal Oak Mi. we would go over to a friends house and , in a sing-song way, holler there name a few times… instead of knocking or doorbell. anyone else ever do that ? I think your home looks so festive ! does it have five Bedrooms and three bathrooms ? I don’t know much about sq footage to guess that one. I like all the window wreaths !

- KAT -

14. Brittney says:

I love the banister as well, I think it’s just enough! My guess, 3 bedrooms, 1 bath, 1900 sq ft, and 1 fireplace. Maybe this is leading to a GIVEWAY??? That would be fun!!

15. ~ Laura says:

Your home is so warm and cozy looking with all the red!! Do you get snow? If you do (and I think you do) it’s going to look amazing!! All those pops of red, the brick and snow!!?? Over the top!! :)

Oh, fun!! I love games!! I’m guessing 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 fireplaces and 1900 sq. ft.

16. The banister is beautiful. The chalkboards are great, too. Do you change the word every now and then? I can see myself switching it up on a regular basis just to keep my family on their toes!