Glass lamp or not?

The other day at Good Will, the bell rang…..and I scored this……

It is really big….

And I have always loved these lamps at PB…….

Clift Seeded Glass Table Lamp

$199.00 – $349.00

They are out of my price range…..by about $200.00 to $320.00 dollars.

I am more in the $5.00 range.

So, I was thinking…..

Remember when I made over this lamp?

To this?

I started thinking….what if I took my tablecloth shade and put it on the glass base…..

Think it gives me the look I want?
It will sit a little higher if it is really made into a lamp.
Also, if I make it into a lamp…..I want the wire going into the glass and not on the outside.
So, I would have to find out how to drill a hole in the glass….

Don’t you think?

Look how boring it is without being a lamp.

For some of you that have been around for awhile….
I know you are thinking, why did she go back to a “dark” table in that corner of her living room?
Well, I found the table yesterday at Salvation Army….and the leaves fold out….and it holds so much stuff……and I like the wood too much to paint it right now.
That’s why.

It is hard to capture the beauty of the table, because of the lighting in my living room, or my inability to work my camera…..
Let’s go with the lighting in the living room.

This is the lamp on the table now…..

Please pull your tissues out to the maximum height possible.
It is cool.

Don’t you like this look much better?

I think the glass helps lighten up the dark wood.

Don’t you?

If you want to see how SavvySouthernStyle transformed her vintage demijohn into an awesome PB style lamp …click here…..

Her transformation triggered my thinking when I spied this beauty at Good Will.

I don’t believe mine is vintage though……

Do any of you know?

I would hate to drill into it if it was.

Do you like it as a lamp?

Think it lightens up the table?

Would love your thoughts!

PS. If you are joining from an awesome linky party, you have some catching up to do! I canNOT wait to meet you! Please “like” me on Facebook and catch up on the most popular posts in the sidebar. Stick around and let me know you are here! Love, Me
PPS.
I’m linking up to:
Friday:

Next Post:

Comments

1. Shannon says:

Yes, yes, yes… it’s screaming to be a lamp. It always wanted to be a lamp. It’s paretns were poor though and it could not afford lamp college. It had to go to trade school to become a vase instead. Only you can make it’s dreams come true =)

2. Are you my soul sister? You speak my sarcastic language! Yay! I can makes it dreams come true! Love, Your sister….Me

3. Michelle says:

I think it would be perfect as a lamp!  That is a great find and it does lighten up the table.  Have fun!!
    xo

4. Jeri patton says:

What a find!!  I think it looks a gazillion percent better as a lamp and total perfection n that table!!
    xoxo
    Jeri

5. Kswhite7351 says:

Lamp of course!! Everything deserves a second chance at a better life!! LOL!! FYI…make sure to get a glass bit for drilling your hole and put some masking tape over the spot where ya gonna drill! Will help w/ cracking & chipping!! Can’t wait to see the transformation!!

6. Bjconklin says:

Why, girl, that thang was made for A LAMP and for YOU. It is gonna look fabulous and actually, I like the interesting shape a LOT.
    Just be careful with it….:))) but, YOU KNOW THAT.

7. Sheri says:

I think its perfect as a lamp and while having the cord at the bottom is ideal on Nate Berkus this week the girl from Design Sponge used a lamp mechanism thing that had a cork on top that just fit into the top of vases etc.  Very cool.  An idea….  Good luck!!

8. I love that idea! I am going to try to find it! So no cord would show?

9. Thank you BJ. Always trust your opinion! Love, Me

10. Dawn Garbes says:

I would definately make it a lamp , but I would be way to chicken to drill ! Have have known people that have and you need a special bit and I have been to to pour water on it while yoo are drilling to keep it from getting to hot and breaking. Good luck and can’t wait to see the end result!

11. Laura says:

Daaaaannnnggg…just as I was wondering why you had a dark table you totally busted into my head!!!!  That’s so weird……;)

I think it’s gonna be a very sexy lamp!!  And, if we’re being honest here, I think your other lamp’s too tall and this table needs this one.

Sorry…still touchy about being mind read…;)

12. Rondell says:

It’s gorgeous and really dresses up that wonderful table that you scored! I don’t blame you for not wanting to paint it, at least for now!
    I’m your newest follower and found you Friday’s Unfolded!

13. Sherry @ No Minimalist Here Ca says:

It is a beautiful vase and I think it will make a wonderful lamp.  love the new table too.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

14. Christina Pataky Forsyth says:

You seriously LUCKED OUT!!!! I LOVE that vase!!!!! Hmmm, so you want to know if you should turn it into a lamp….. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! It looks like an amazing PB knockoff!!!!

Oh, and there’s a great video tutorial from House and Home about turning vases into lamps; you should check it out! Here’s the {link}, I hope it helps :)

Take care,
    Christina
    designingbynumbers.blogspot.com

15. I found many interesting things, especially in your blog discussions. You can use a small transformation of the blog layout though, but the overall design is very good.

16. Kat Griffin says:

I don’t like it …I love IT !  as a lamp and the shade looks perfect  try to do it.  be careful with that glass my friend  I would be so scared to try to do it myself.  Im sure you can find a way.

- KAT -

17. i love it as a lamp!

you should do it immediately
    so that you can have your pottery barn knock-off
    lit and sitting pretty on your table

what a great find!

thanks for sharing at fridays unfolded!

alison

18. Redefined Goods says:

I cannot wait to see the finished product! I want to see this kit from Nate Berkus – so here I go, googling my little heart out.
    And thank you to whomever posted the DIY link. I book marked it!

19. Redefinedgoods says:

Do you remember which episode? I’m having a hard time finding it… here’s all the recent episodes.

20. I wonder what the original purpose was…hmmmmm? You find the coolest stuff. I think it would be a better balance for that beautiful table.

21. Gayle Page-Robak says:

Love your lamps…so beautiful and love the table settings you have created for them. I have joined you on Pinterest and invite you to join my followers list; as well,I hope you will grab a blog button.  Hugs, Gayle

22. Honeyat2805 says:

Absolutely, make it into a lamp!  I has a fabulous shape (don’t we all wish for one?) and in it’s heart it want to be a lamp.  I adore your new table!!

Thanks for linking to Potpourri Friday.  You participation is appreciated!

23. Thank you for having the party! Would love to see you at my “Meet Me Monday” linky party! Think I will take on the lamp project today! Love, Me

24. Thank you and thank you on my table settings! Just left what was there and felt guilty that I didn’t make more effort. You are now my favorite! ; ) Just followed several of your awesome boards on Pinterest! Love, Me

25. That’s what scares me……to ruin it’s original purpose. Think I have talked myself out of drilling a hole in the glass. Check out PB’s lamps online. You can’t even see their cords? Let’s see what I can come up with. Plus, it has a big ole’ whopping “mouth”. I will have to find someway to anchor the lamp parts. Todays project! Love, Me

26.  I do too! I am going to try to find out as well! Love, Me

27. Thank you for hosting such awesome parties on Friday! Would love to see you at my “Meet Me Monday” linky party, when you get a chance! My readers need to meet you! Love, Me

28. I have talked myself OUT of drilling a hole, I do believe. I will let you know how it turns out! Love, Me

29. Thank you Christina! Just watched the link provided! I am going to share your link and a link to your blog when I post the end result! Thanks! Love, Me

30. Thank you Sherry! Love having your opinion! Can’t wait to show off the finished product! Love, Me

31.  Thank you for following Rondell! It means so much to me! Now, I can’t wait to hear more from you! Will show the end result soon! Love, Me

32. Laura, I knew where your mind was going ; ) I will lighten it up soon…..just haven’t figured out exactly how. I can always count on your honest opinion! Love, Me

33. I think I am chicken. I am thinking if I want to go that route I could go to a glass cutter. It should be cheap….don’t you think? I am going to see what i can rig up! Love, Me

34. Did you ever find the link? I am searching away too! Sweet of Sheri to share! Love, Me

35.  Correct on second chances! : ) I may be chickening out of drilling a hole. Will have to see what I come up with. Love Me

36. Gazillion times better it is : ) Love hearing from you and having you around! Can’t wait to start on it! Love, Me

37. Let’s see what happens! Love, Me

38. Courtney says:

You are so creative!! Love this!  Thank you for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!

39. Chris says:

Hi there, yes, I think you should make it into a lamp. It looks wonderful. What a neet find. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris